That is why Justin has started a company by the name “Dis-Is-Able.” He has become the youngest person
to be featured by fox 10 news studio in Alabama in addition to the youngest special needs child and author
since 1962 who also has an African American, black identity which beats racism and disability both.
Justin Douglas Jr. is certainly not the first one to overcome disability and grow up to do great things.
Important intellectual personalities like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking have dealt with problems
like these. Einstein has a developmental delay syndrome named after him due to his childhood condition
due to which he could not speak until he was 3. (Smith-Garcia, 2020)
More famous personalities who overcame disabilities include:
He had a learning disability – he could barely write and had very poor grammar skills.
Edison is the great inventor who had over 1,000 patents and his inventions are in various fields used in our
daily life. In his early life, he was diagnosed with a learning disability and he could not read till he was
twelve. Later on, he himself admitted that he became deaf after pulling up to a train car by his ears.
He first captured the world’s attention by inventing the phonograph. His most popular invention is the
electric light bulb. He also developed the telegraph system. Edison also became a prominent businessman
and his business institution produced his inventions and marketed the products to the general people.
He also had a learning disability.
Famous People with Cerebral Palsy
1. Josh Blue – Comedian
2. Abbey Nicole Curran – Pageant Winner and Founder
3. Dan Kiplinger – Artist and Speaker
4. Geri Jewell – Comedian, Actress, Author, and Speaker
5. RJ Mitte – Actor, Producer, Model, and Activist
Famous Autistic People in History
1. Dan Aykroyd – Comedy Actor.
2. Hans Christian Andersen – Children’s Books Author.
3. Benjamin Banneker – African American almanac author, surveyor, naturalist, and farmer.
4. Susan Boyle – Singer.
5. Tim Burton – Movie Director.
6. Lewis Carroll – Author of “Alice in Wonderland”
7. Henry Cavendish – Scientist.
Ongig. (2021). Famous People with Disabilities. Ongig.com . Retrieved from
Smith-Garcia, D. (2020). Einstein Syndrome: Characteristics, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Healthline.com .
Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/einstein-syndrome#what-it-is